Refined next-generation Soul strikes back with forward design, modern tech
The iconic Kia Soul offers drivers a better way to roll with refinements to the 2020 Soul for 2021, including an updated yet familiar version of Kia’s beloved and award-winning urban runabout. Taking everything that helped popularize the quirky, unconventionally styled subcompact, Kia Motors poured more of its soul into nearly every inch of the vehicle, evolving it’s next-generation model to transcend unmatched style, peppy performance, thrilling technology and urban practicality.
“The Soul has been a massive success since its introduction to the U.S. market, blowing its [now defunct] rivals out of the water and establishing itself as an automotive icon with its fun-loving character and eccentric style,” said Orth Hedrick, executive director of Car Planning and Telematics. “Even with an entirely new generation of competitors now crowding the marketplace, we are confident the Soul will once again prove to be a tough contender given its unparalleled style and impressive level of invigorating technology and customization options.”
Proving the point that “there is a Soul for everyone,” the Soul enters this model year with the GT-Line Turbo simplified to Soul Turbo this year, which is inclusive of revised badging on the grille, steering wheel and rear lift gate. Remote start, previously only available as part of the UVO telematics system, is now also integrated on the key fob for EX and Turbo models. Rear Occupant Alert (door-logic type) is now standard across all variants. The X-Line and GT-Line 2.0-liter models with 18-inch wheels add standard RS valves to the shock absorbers for improved ride comfort.
While the Soul stays true to its design heritage with its boxy silhouette and confident stance, its newly sculpted lines, cutting-edge details and technical lighting elements present the most futuristic, youthful and innovative Soul yet.
Music has been an overarching theme for Soul since its inception, and it’s no different this round. For the third generation, designers and engineers turned up the volume on the interior. Drawing inspiration from the “emotional visualization of sound,” the Soul’s interior space is adorned with shapes and textures that reflect acoustic inspired elements to create a full sensory experience.
Interior design highlights include:
- Available sound mood lighting emits soft light from the center door panels and a unique 3D pattern surface on the upper door panels, with the ability to synchronize to the beat of the music playing through the Soul’s audio system.
- Sound mood lighting features a rainbow of customizable colors.
- Available wireless charging.
- Available dual auto climate control.
Recognizing that one’s car is an integral part of their social life, the Soul continues to surprise and delight with next-gen infotainment and technology.
- Available 10.25-inch HD color touchscreen2 with split screen function and rear view monitor and parking guidance.
- Android Auto and Apple Car Play.
- Bluetooth Multi-Connection: two Bluetooth devices can be connected at the same time.
- Available 8-inch Head-Up Display.
- Available 640-watt Harman Kardon7 audio system — twice the wattage of current Soul — with an amplifier and 10 speakers including tuned center speaker and subwoofer.