Tahoe transformed to offer more of people- and cargo-hauling capabilities
Chevrolet’s iconic people and cargo haulers begin a new chapter today with the introduction of the all-new 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe. Tahoe has been redesigned to be the ultimate SUV – offering the most interior space of any SUV, exclusive technologies and features, and the best driving dynamics in the full-size segment.
“There are no vehicles like Tahoe and Suburban – which have starred in Hollywood movies, carried military heroes and world leaders, and helped create countless family memories,” said Barry Engle, executive vice president and president, General Motors North America.
This was achieved through a complete transformation of Chevrolet’s full-size SUVs, combining the strongest aspects of its new full-size truck architecture with entirely new systems tailored to the needs of today’s SUV drivers and passengers. These changes result in:
Class-leading interior space:
- Sixty-six percent more cargo room behind the third row for Tahoe, and 19% more maximum cargo space behind the first row for Suburban – both best-in-class.
- Ten additional inches of third-row legroom for Tahoe.
Dramatically improved driving dynamics:
- The most advanced suspension in the segment, with an independent rear suspension paired with available Magnetic Ride Control and first-in-class
- Air Ride Adaptive Suspension.
- New Air Ride Adaptive Suspension offers load leveling at all four corners of the vehicle, and up to 4 inches of ride-height adjustment.
An entirely new SUV-specific interior offering up to five display screens in total:
- Standard 10-inch diagonal central color touchscreen, the largest in its segment.
- Available 8-inch diagonal instrument cluster.
- Available 15-inch Head-Up Display, which no competitor offers.
- Available dual 12.6-inch diagonal rear-seat LCD displays, part of the segment’s most advanced rear-seat media system.
- Thirty safety and driver convenience features, highlighted by standard Automatic Emergency Braking and new features, including HD Surround Vision and Rear Pedestrian Alert.
Technologies to optimize performance and efficiency, including:
- All-new 3.0L Duramax turbo-diesel engine, delivering an unprecedented combination of refinement, performance and efficiency.
- Updated V-8 engines with Dynamic Fuel Management, including the available 6.2L V-8 offering best-in-class 420 horsepower.
- Standard 10-speed automatic transmission for all engines with push-button electronic shift.
- Best-in-class nine camera views and new trailering features designed to help improve the driver’s experience and confidence, including trailer profiles, trailer tire pressure/temperature monitoring and Side Blind Zone Alert for trailering.
“With an increasing number of SUVs on the market, we knew the all-new Tahoe needed to reach higher than ever,” said Tim Herrick, vice president, global product programs. “We transformed Tahoe to offer all-new technologies and features and deliver a better driving experience, while staying true to the versatility and capability that have earned people’s trust for generations.”