In being mindful of daily activities that can reduce your risk of COVID-19, remember what you consume has a direct impact on your immune health. Consider adding more natural foods/herbs/spices that have known medicinal benefits to your routine. Here are some of our favorites.
1. Echinacea is a plant whose roots and leaves have been traditionally used for medicinal purposes. It has a number of benefits including helping to fight the flu and common cold, manage anxiety, reduce inflammation, and control blood sugar.
2. The berries and flowers of elderberry are packed with antioxidants and vitamins that may boost your immune system. They can help tame inflammation, lessen stress, and help protect your heart, too.
3. Black seed is used for treating digestive tract conditions including gas, colic, diarrhea, dysentery, constipation, and hemorrhoids. It is also used for respiratory conditions including asthma, allergies, cough, bronchitis, emphysema, flu, swine flu, and congestion.
4. Ashwagandha is an ancient medicinal herb with multiple health benefits. It can reduce anxiety and stress, help fight depression, boost fertility and testosterone in men, and even boost brain function.
5. Reishi mushroom has been used to help enhance the immune system, reduce stress, improve sleep, and lessen fatigue. People also take reishi mushroom for health conditions such as: high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
Nutrition Consultant & Wellness Ambassador
Your Health Matters, LLC