Calendar of Events
Urban Views RVA strives to present a comprehensive calendar of events for local businesses, community organizations, educational institutions, and religious organizations. We encourage complete submissions about upcoming events. Please e-mail email@example.com with:
- Daytime Phone Number
As well as the following:
- Event Name
- Event Date
- Event Start Time
- Event recurring? Explain: 1st Monday each month, every Wednesday, etc.
- Event Description
- Venue address, City, State Zip
When submitting your organization’s events and meetings to the Urban Views RVA Events Calendar, please remember:
- Urban Views RVA welcomes the listing of special events that are open to the community.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of for-profit events that are primarily sales-oriented. We reserve the right to edit any listing.
- Events submitted without required information, including contact information, will not be listed.
- Sponsors are solely responsible for their own submissions, including but not limited to issues of fact, libel and any copyrighted material.
- Urban Views RVA reserves the right to suspend calendar privileges to any group or individual who violates these guidelines.
Wedding photos will be featured in our Elations category. Please submit no later than four weeks after the wedding. We require professional quality high resolution digital images, and we may crop photographs.
The photo should be a clear, full-color, full-faced photograph of the bride and groom with:
- The couple’s full name, address and telephone number (be certain to include the bride’s maiden name).
- Wedding location, including the city and state.
- Couple’s education and occupation.
- City and state in which the couple plans to reside.
- Honeymoon spot.
Please send high resolution images
This information will be submitted to the Urban Views RVA editorial review board. Urban Views RVA reserves the right to accept or reject wedding photos.
Thanks for your interest. Congratulations on your recent marriage and best wishes.
Promotion and new job photos will be featured in our On The Rise category. Please submit no later than four weeks after the career move. We require professional quality, high resolution digital images, and we may crop photographs.
The photograph should be clear and full-faced.
The individual’s full name, address and daytime telephone number should be included. (THE ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE NUMBER WILL NOT BE POSTED OR RELEASED.)
The place of employment and new position or new promotion should be stated.
Please send high resolution images.
This information will be submitted to the Urban Views RVA editorial review board. Urban Views RVA reserves the right to accept or reject photos.
Thanks for your interest. Congratulations on your new position and best wishes.
[mycred_link id=virtscav504 href=”http://urbanviewsrva.com/congratulations/”][/mycred_link]
I am submitting the following event:
Name: Dr. Pamela Hamiton-Stubbs, 804-273-9900 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Organization: Henrico NAACP. Name of the event:Teen Substance Abuse Awareness Forum, Date and time: May 3, 2018, 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Details: The Honorable Judge Randall Johnson, Jr., Henrico Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court, 14th Judicial District of Virginia will discuss Juvenile Drug Court. Senator Siobahn Dunnavant, Virginia State Senate 12th District, will give an update on legislation affecting healthcare and the opioid epidemic. Attorney Shannon Taylor, Henrico Commonwealth’s Attorney, will discuss legal aspects of the opioid epidemic. Professor Tricia Smith PhD, Virginia Commonwealth University Department of Biology, an expert on the biology of drugs, will present ‘How Drugs Affect the Brain’. Rev. Dr. Theodore Brown, Pastor of Quioccasin Baptist Church will give greetings.
The purpose of the forum is to provide information and to facilitate a discussion about teen substance abuse and the opioid epidemic.
The forum will be hosted by Quioccasin Baptist Church, 9011 Quioccasin Rd., Henrico VA 23229, Rev. Dr. Theodore Brown, Pastor. The event is free. At this time, this is a one time event.