One of the fastest-growing travel specialties is the “Girlfriend Getaway,” and it is easy to understand why. After all the stresses of everyday life, there is nothing quite as enjoyable and relaxing as getting away from “reality” with those true friends who allow (and even encourage) you to be yourself without fear of judgment.
Of course, the same goes for men, although they may not admit it as freely. A few days away with the “buddies” on the golf course can be more valuable than hours of therapy! Here are a few suggestions for creative escapes:
- A little Retail Therapy? Most women love to shop, so why not combine a weekend in the “big city” with great shopping, dining, and entertainment options? Of course, Paris and New York City come to mind first, but there are many excellent options out there that are centrally located and served by convenient airports.
- Why not check in to a Spa or Yoga retreat for a wellness weekend? A little pampering never hurts anyone, and you might even come home with some new healthy habits and feel a couple of pounds lighter…both good things!
- “What happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas”…you know the old tagline! In addition to gambling, Las Vegas offers fantastic dining, shopping, and live entertainment…and most resorts have ridiculously gorgeous pools and spas! This destination works well for both genders…great for male-bonding getaways too!
- All-Inclusive Resorts and Cruises are natural fits for this type of travel, where your biggest decision for the day might be whether to order champagne or a martini…or whether to sit by the pool or on the beach. Of course, who wouldn’t welcome some mental “downtime”?
- A few days spent wine tasting or possibly signing up for a culinary boot camp can be fantastic options for girlfriend getaways! Because wine and good food are ALWAYS a good idea!
- A sports-related trip works well! What about a fitness retreat for those who love to exercise? Or a golf weekend at an amazing resort with tee times daily? Or a scuba diving trip in the Caribbean? All it takes is a shared interest and some planning!
So, think about YOUR ideal getaway….who do you need to spend some time with?
We are currently planning Girlfriend Getaways for our clients to Italy, France, and New York.
Do you have any unique destination you’d love to visit with your friends? Hit reply to this message and let us know where you’d love to travel to. Let us help you plan that all-important trip soon.
Tillie and Joe James
Tillie James Travel LLC
804.997.9460 | firstname.lastname@example.org