Breast Cancer Awareness Walk for Early Detection
On Saturday, clinic June 6, Richmond Guardian Angels, VCU Massey Cancer Center, Susan G. Komen, Virginia Breast Cancer Foundation, Capital Area Health Network, Cross Over Ministries, 7th District Health and Wellness Initiative, and The Creighton Resource Center are joining together to walk and visit in neighborhoods throughout the city to promote breast cancer awareness and provide important information to the public.
The “Time to Live” Breast Cancer Awareness Walk is not a fund-raiser; it’s a door-to-door, face-to-face walk to deliver important information to the community.
Participants in the walk will:
- Distribute Breast health information
- Stress the importance of early detection
- Make those without insurance aware of health care resources in Richmond
- 31st Street Baptist Church, 823 N. 31st Street
- Bethlehem Baptist Church, 1920 Fairmont Ave.
- Ebenezer Baptist Church, 216 West Leigh St.
- Good Shepherd Baptist Church, 1200 N. 28th St.
- Holy Rosary Catholic Church, 3300 R. Street
- Second Baptist Church, 3300 Broad Rock Blvd.
If you would like to participate, go to one of the partnering churches on June 6, 2015. Training starts at 9:00 A.M., and the walk starts at 10:00 A.M.
If your church would like to partner, for your surrounding community, call or email: Jo White, firstname.lastname@example.org, 804-937-6836